About the Association of Carers
The Association of Carers was established in 1987 by a group of Carers and healthcare professionals that recognised the need for Carers to be able to take a regular break from their caring role.
They set up a respite service for Carers living in Hastings & St Leonard’s which grew over the years to include the Rother area. From 2008 five additional support services were developed in response to Carer’s needs.
On October 1st 2013 we expanded further and now provide four services to Carers living in East Sussex.
Supporting unpaid Carers in East Sussex to continue in their caring role by providing free, high quality, volunteer-led services that encourage independence and reduce isolation.
Enabling Carers throughout East Sussex to have access to free, high quality, volunteer-led support services.
- Developing and expanding our services in line with what Carers tell us they need to feel supported and able to continue in their caring role
- Promoting the needs and challenges of unpaid Carers throughout East Sussex
- Encouraging and developing our volunteers and staff through on-going training, support and supervision
- Maintaining a high organisational profile and raising the profile of Carers within the community
- Continuously seeking funding from new stakeholders and retaining the support and integrity of our core funders to ensure the longevity of our services