During Carers Week (7th – 13th June) Association of Carers are holding a series of free activities for carers on Zoom, which is a safe and easy to use piece of video conference software. If you have never used Zoom we can support you to use it for the first time, and do a practice run through with you. The sessions will be fun, friendly and informal. Association of Carers volunteers are invited to attend, too.
The sessions are as follows
· 7th June, 10 – 11.30am: Wellbeing with Naveela – in this session we will explore wellbeing strategies and “kindness meditation”
· 7th June, 2.30 – 4pm: Chair yoga taster – a qualified yoga teacher will lead you through some gentle yoga stretches in your chair. The session is suitable for complete beginners.
· 8th June, 10 – 11.30am: Coffee and chat – make a brew and join the Association of Carers team for a chat.
· 8th June, 2.30 – 4pm: Alex Sadlo Art – Alex is someone that the Association of Carers supports, and he has been an artist for many decades. Alex’s wife, Gaynor, will show us some of Alex’s work, and talk about his creative process.
· 9th June, 10 – 11.30am: Creative Writing – Julie will lead a creative writing session. Don’t worry if you’ve never done writing before, as Julie will provide tips and activities to get you started!
· 10th June, 10 – 11.30am: Craft , knit and natter – work on a project or just come for a chat and ask other people about what they are making. Or you could do some drawing instead!
· 10th June, 2.30 – 4pm: Art Session – Let’s get together and work on some art projects on Zoom. You don’t have to be an artist. We have a small number of free materials available to post out, time permitting, or you can just use your own materials. Anything goes!
· 11th June, 10.45 – 11.45am: Calmer Self Session – Nadine from Calmer Self will lead us through some relaxation strategies.
· 11th June, 2.30 – 4pm: Quiz – a just for fun quiz, put together by former carer Shirley, to get your braincells firing.
If you have any questions, or would like to attend any of the activities then please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 01424 722309. Association of Carers volunteers are welcome to attend, too.