It’s that time of year again! During the week thousands of people are coming together to raise awareness of the invaluable work Carers do and highlight the challenges they face.
With 3 in 4 carers feeling that their caring role is not understood or valued by the community, the focus of the campaign this year is on Building Carer Friendly Communities; communities which support Carers to look after their loved ones well, while recognising that they are individuals with needs of their own.
This year the Association of Carers’ Pledge is this;
“We pledge to support unpaid carers throughout East Sussex by providing free volunteer led services that help Carers to continue in their caring role. We will also raise the profile of Carers in our local community by promoting the needs and challenges of Carers throughout the whole of East Sussex. We are committed to being a user-led organisation that provides services that are flexible and adaptable to suit the needs of the individual. “
During and around that week you can
FIND THE TEAM AT…
- Arndale Centre, Eastbourne 7th June 9 – 4
- Little Gate Open Farm, Beckley 11th June 11- 5.30
- Conquest Hospital, Hastings 12th June 10- 2
- Victoria Hospital, Lewes 13th June 10 – 2
- Meridian Hall, Peacehaven, ‘Time for Carers’ 14th June 9 – 2
- Sainsbury’s St Leonards 15th June 10 – 3
- Community Centre, Crowborough, (Stroke Association ‘Health in Mind’) 15th June 10 – 12
- University of Sussex, Falmer,(Caring for Carers Conference) 15 June 9 – 3.30
- Sainsbury’s Newhaven 15 June 10 – 2
We hope to meet you at one of these events!