A Carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This can be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
The Association of Carers provides free, volunteer-led support services to unpaid Carers in East Sussex.
- Carers save the economy £119 billion per year
- 3 in 5 people will become a Carer at some point in their lives
- 1 in 8 adults in the UK are currently looking after someone without pay
- There are nearly 60,000 unpaid Carers in East Sussex
- Of these over 13,000 are providing 50 or more hours of unpaid care a week
(Statistics taken from East Sussex in Figures, using data from the 2011 Census)
To make a referral to our services please call 0300 330 9498 or email: email@example.com