East Sussex Carers Centre
The Carers Centre is the single access point for carer services in East Sussex, face-to-face, by telephone, and online. Through the Carers Centre, Care for the Carers hosts a range of support, advice, guidance, and engagement opportunities for unpaid carers, and acts as a one-stop-shop for all local carer services, including advising professionals regarding carers’ issues.
Carers Centre Access
- Self-referrals and referrals from partner organisations welcome
- Contact via:
- The Carers Centre is open 10am-5pm Monday-Friday except Bank Holidays
- Flexible 1:1 appointments by arrangement at:
- Outreach Venues, Community Clinics
- Home, Workplaces, Colleges
- Early morning/evening telephone outreach appointments
- Weekday, evening and weekend Carers Groups
- Weekday and evening Counselling Sessions
- Website resources available 24/7/365
Sussex Community Development Association
SCDA works across East Sussex supporting community based projects aimed at addressing the needs of those most vulnerable in the community.
- Sussex Community Counselling
- Denton Island Community Centre
- Young people’s activities, youth club, youth forum, counselling
- Community activities, courses and events in Newhaven, Hailsham, Bexhill and Eastbourne
- SCDA Employability projects across East Sussex and Kent
- Denton Island Nursery
- Family and children’s activities
- Open Spaces
- Info & Advice Hub in Newhaven
- Safe from Harm
- Rural Domestic and Sexual Abuse Recovery Project
- Support for Survivors of Suicide
- Courses and activities to support and promote Healthy Lifestyles
- Sompriti activities and events for BAME communities
- Seahaven Food Bank
British Red Cross
The British Red Cross provide 16 hours of free support to carers. They have a fast turn around and can often be in place to support a carer within a week. This is short term support and we delighted to be working together to refer carers, if they would like, to this service whilst we look to find them a volunteer for a more long term support role.
Eastbourne Dementia Inclusive Community Charter
The Association of Carers is a founder organisation member of the Eastbourne Dementia Inclusive Community Charter. Membership will enable us to work with the Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance and other Charter members to help to make Eastbourne a place where people living with dementia and their family, friends and carers can live their lives in the way they wish to live them.
Amongst other things, we pledge to:
- Follow the EDAA Facebook page and share details of Dementia inclusive services and initiatives
- Participate in EDAA networking and engagement events to share ideas and information about how we can help improve the lives of people living with Dementia and / or their families, friends and carers
For information about the Charter and its key principles please visit: https://www.eastbournedaa.co.uk/dementia-charter-1
East Sussex County Council
We are fortunate enough to be funded by East Sussex County Council and Clinical Commissioning Groups to provide our countywide Befriending with Respite service, Carers Wellbeing Service and Computer Help at Home service.
We work in Partnership with Counselling Plus to offer telephone counselling to carers.